When should I choose an Express Surveyors building survey?
You should choose a Building Survey if you want a report that is more detailed than a RICS HomeBuyer Report or RICS Condition Report, or if you’re dealing with a property that is:
- In poor condition;
- Unusual; or
- Significantly altered and therefore not suitable for the RICS reports.
You’ll also want to choose this option if you’re planning major works on a property. It’s the most expensive type of survey but it provides you with greater detail about the structure and fabric of the property.
What does or report include?
A building survey (commonly known as a structural survey) ordered through Express Surveyors includes:
- A thorough inspection of the property by a RICS qualified surveyor;
- A detailed report on a wide range of issues;
- A Market Valuation;
- An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity;
- Advice for your legal advisers; and
- Details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.